We accept delivery of original documents via our online web submission form, email (up to 5 MB) or FTP. Supported file formats include:• Microsoft Word 97-2000
When requesting an estimate, please attach all related files—whether for editing or reference only—as this will help us prepare a more accurate estimate.Via Fax
NOTE: If you would like your job to be handled in a particular way or if you have a specific request concerning the deadline or time of delivery, please inform us at the time you request the estimate.
We handle Revised Papers in two ways:
• When the paper was previously translated or rewritten by Forte
Working in the final file sent to you by Forte upon completion of the previous version, you should underline or highlight all changes made to the text in response to the reviewer’s comments. Underlining helps us to lower the fee when rewriting a revised manuscript because checking text already rewritten by Forte in a previous version is significantly cheaper than treating the revised manuscript as entirely new text. If you do not underline revisions and changes then a higher price might be charged because we will have to treat the entire document as new text requiring rewriting.
•When the paper was not previously worked on by Forte
When the revised manuscript was not previously translated or rewritten by Forte, all text is treated as “new” and the entire manuscript will be rewritten.
In addition, we handle the following related files and documents:
• Translation or rewriting your letter “Response to the Reviewer”. This letter answers questions posed by the reviewer and describes changes you made to the manuscript in response to the reviewers’ comments.
• Checking Reviewer’s Comments. This very popular optional service maximizes the chances your paper will be accepted upon resubmission. Send us the reviewer’s comments and we will confirm that you have addressed each point satisfactorily and inform you if you have not.
FORTE accepts payment in Japanese Yen (JPY) by either of the following methods:
• Wire transfer to any of our Japanese bank accounts
Yes, you may ask the rewriter a question about word choice, expressions, or meaning. Please be sure to write your questions and/or comments in English and we will pass them immediately to the rewriter. Usually the rewriter will answer questions or provide advice about wording during the Proof Check stage; however, we may be able to answer a quick question without the need for a proof check.
Yes, we can provide a “native check” letter with the first delivery of your edited file(s). Please see Native Check Letter Issuance for further details.
Yes, we can handle .TEX files and will provide you with a .TEX file containing our editorial changes, thus saving you valuable time in the manuscript preparation process. Please send us two files – the TEX file for rewriting and a PDF file of the printed version of your manuscript showing formatted text (for reference by the rewriter).
If you do not specify a time for delivery when requesting an estimate, then we will normally make a best-effort to deliver the job by around 18:00 JST on the day of the agreed deadline. In rare cases, if the job requires more work than initially expected, delivery may occur after 18:00 JST.
• Please inform your coordinator when requesting an estimate if you wish to receive your paper earlier than 18:00 JST—and especially if you need to receive delivery before noon.
• If you have not specified a time for delivery when requesting an estimate or ordering but suddenly require earlier delivery, please inform us immediately. Although we cannot guarantee to meet your accelerated delivery deadline, we will do our very best to deliver the job earlier than originally agreed.
Yes, we offer RUSH service and often can complete jobs within the same day (depending on the availability of specialist translators and rewriters).
• Please send us your manuscript immediately and then follow-up with a phone call
• Be sure to state in your message (i) the request for an estimate is URGENT, (ii) the required delivery time and (iii) your contact information. We also recommend that you call us at 03-3353-3545 to confirm we have received your manuscript and are proceeding with making the estimate.
Roughly how much will it cost to rewrite my manuscript?+
The cost of editing a research paper is 12.5 JPY/word (with a minimum charge of 7500 JPY). Editing of up to 10 figures is 2,500 JPY and editing of up to 10 tables is 2,500 JPY. To receive our free estimate, please send your manuscript together with any special instructions.
For general information about pricing, please see Pricing on our service information page.